THE KLEERCUT CAMPAIGN HAS ENDED IN VICTORY. THIS IS AN ARCHIVE OF THE CAMPAIGN.
Place a call today to Kimberly-Clark's CEO Thomas Falk and one to Ken Strassner and urge them to meet with Greenpeace and to stop Kimberly-Clark's destruction of ancient forests. Disposable tissue products should not be made from 100% old-growth trees. Tell them that Kimberly-Clark needs to use more recycled fiber and start supporting truly sustainable forestry instead of devastating clearcuts.
Let them know you want them to use their power to make some positive changes for ancient forests.
Numbers to Call
Important: This call is not free and you may be charged long distance calling rates, depending on where you live. Thomas Falk works in Irving, Texas, USA, while Ken Strassner works in Roswell, Georgia. If you don't reach Mr. Falk or Mr. Strassner directly, please leave a voicemail message.
Ken Strassner's office number: +1 XXX-XXX-XXXX
Thomas Falk's office number (through his assistant Donna Buchheit): +1 XXX-XXX-XXXX
If you are not able to call either of these numbers directly, then consider calling one of the Kimberly-Clark customer service numbers. Calls to Strassner and Falk will have more of an effect.
Kimberly-Clark Customer Service numbers
Canada and USA: 1-800-544-1847 (between 9 am and 5pm Eastern Standard Time, weekdays)
After hours Canada and USA call and leave a message at: 1-972-281-1200
Other countries: Click here for list
Sample Phone Message
Consider using the statements below for your phone call:
- I am calling from [your country, your city] to support Greenpeace's work to make Kimberly-Clark a more responsible company. Please meet with them immediately to discuss ways Kimberly-Clark can stop destroying ancient forests.
- I am unhappy that Kleenex brand tissue products are made from clearcut ancient forests and have no recycled fibre in them whatsoever.
- It is time for Kimberly-Clark to stop talking about how environmental a company it is and to begin taking action for ancient forests.
- I will not be purchasing Kimberly-Clark products until such a time as your and your company act responsibly for ancient forests. Use more recycled fiber and stop causing the clearcutting of ancient forests like the North American Boreal.
- Corporations like Kimberly-Clark should be more environmentally responsible by manufacturing tissue products that are ancient forest friendly. Kleenex brand tissue products are not forest friendly.
- The majority of Kimberly-Clark fiber suppliers do not practice sustainable forestry and I will not be buying Kimberly-Clark products until such a time as they improve their business practices. Please switch to only Forest Stewardship Council eco-certified virgin fiber.
The more phone calls Mr. Falk gets, the stronger the message will be that that forest destruction doesn't pay.
Let us know how your call went
When you're done, please take a moment to email us at email@example.com so we can keep track of how many calls have been made to Kimberly-Clark. Include any notes about how your call went.